There are two times of year it is necessary to give your filter a deep cleaning. Once at the beginning of the season, and once in the middle of Summer. A good way to remember when to clean your filter is to do it before you have your Fourth of July party.
If you have a Sand Filter, you are in the right place. If you use a Cartridge or DE filter, this blog post is not for you.
Why use a Backwash Filter Cleaner treatment?
- Sand filters trap dirt and oils that do not get flushed out during a normal backwash (without using the chemical treatment.)
- Accumulation of this debris and oils can give you cloudy water and give you poor water filtration.
- Adjust the valves for full skimmer intake
- Start Backwashing the filter
- While the filter is backwashing, slowly pour 8 ounces of product into the skimmer
- After the backwash cycle is complete, do a rinse cycle.
Compatible with ALL Sanitizing Systems! Baquacil, Chlorine, Biguanide, Salt and more!