Hot tubs require regular maintenance to ensure that they are functioning properly. One of the most important aspects of hot tub maintenance is filter maintenance. In this article, we will discuss the importance of regular hot tub filter maintenance.
- First and foremost, it helps to keep your hot tub water clean and clear. Over time, your hot tub filter can become clogged with debris and other contaminants such as oils and bacteria, which can quickly make your hot tub water. By regularly cleaning and replacing your hot tub filter, you can ensure that your water is always clean and clear.
- In addition to keeping your hot tub water clean, regular filter maintenance can also help to extend the life of your hot tub. When your filter is clogged, your hot tub has to work harder to circulate the water, which can put additional strain on the pump and other components increasing your energy costs. By keeping your filter clean and free of debris, you can help prolong the life of your hot tub and save yourself money on costly repairs.
- Hot tub filter care should be done weekly, monthly, and quarterly.
- Weekly: Rinse dirt and contaminants off of the filter by rinsing the filter under water
- Monthly: Clean the filter with a filter cleaner to help remove stubborn build-up and then rinse it off with water.
- Quarterly: Soak the hot tub filter overnight in a filter-cleaning solution. rinse off and replace the filter in the hot tub.
Maintaining your hot tub filter is crucial to ensuring that your hot tub remains in top condition. By keeping your filter clean and free of debris, clean and clear hot tub water is an attainable goal! So make sure to incorporate filter maintenance into your regular hot tub upkeep routine!