Winter is a great time to soak in your hot tub and enjoy the crisp, chilly air. However, it's essential to take care of your hot tub and use it safely during the winter months. Here are some tips for enjoying your hot tub this winter:
- Lowering operating costs and maintenance by making sure to keep it covered when not in use. A well-fitted hot tub cover will prevent heat loss, water evaporation, and debris from contaminating the water.
- To avoid damaging the hot tub's pump and heater, it's important to maintain the water level in your spa during the winter season due to water evaporation.
- Spend less time out in the cold with help from a hot tub cover lifter! Use a hot tub cover lifter to easily remove and replace your cover, especially if it's snowing outside.
- Maintain the Hygiene of Your Spa with Extra Precautions As there are limited opportunities to refill your spa with fresh water, it's essential to take extra measures to keep it clean. One way you can do this is by taking a shower before entering the hot tub. This will help prevent the accumulation of lotions and other residues.
- Consider purchasing or using a floating spa cover to help retain heat in your hot tub and reduce energy costs. These are easy to take on and off and are simple steps that can also help you use fewer chemicals!
- Remember to bring something warm to wear when clearing snow and ice off your hot tub or when exiting the water to avoid the uncomfortable chill. A winter hat goes a long way to keep your head warm while the rest of your body is soaking in hot water.
- A Temperature Warning If you're planning to use the jets in your hot tub during the colder months, keep in mind that it can cause the hot tub to draw in cold air, which can result in a drop in water temperature.
By following these tips, you can ensure that you enjoy your hot tub safely and comfortably during the winter months. So go ahead and relax in your hot tub while enjoying the beautiful winter scenery!